Sunday, March 13, 2011

Girls Weekend

Andy, Garen, and Sophie went to Logan this weekend to see Amber's new baby. I had some other obligations so Maddie and I stayed home. But we took advantage of our girl time together. First we went to dinner at Pizza Hut (she's gotten a free pizza certificate every month this school year and this is the first one we've used). Then we went to a baptism, followed by getting Coldstone ice cream and staying up late watching a movie we rented.
I got a full night sleep for the first time in a really long time, then Maddie came to my Zumba class with me-she looked at me like I was crazy most of the time. Next we hit Applebese for lunch, then back to the rec. center for the Girl Scout Fun Fitness day. The girls had fun doing some kid's Zumba and playing fitness games. We got done in time to go help a family move into the ward (Andy usually does that and since he was out of town I thought we better take his spot). Maddie was actually very helpful unloading the smaller boxes and toys.
After an entire day of being gone we had about 3 hours before Andy and the kids returned home and I hadn't got any of the house work done yet. So Maddie and I got to work. We cleaned, folded laundry, vacuumed, and scrubbed for 2 hours and then headed to the store to get food for Sunday dinner the next day.
It was such a fun weekend to have tons of time for Maddie and I to just talk and hang out and she was so helpful!
Maddie at Applebese with her ice cream cookie sundae-

The girls doing Zumba-

2 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

Em, I miss you guys so much. I wish I could have spent that relaxing/busy/fun weekend with you girls! So, I did Zumba when I was 8 weeks pregnant. It must have shaken me up pretty bad because I was in bed for 3 days straight after that. I haven't done Zumba since. Thanks for the reminder of what I'm missing out on.

suz young said...

You're going to get Maddie hooked on Zumba! Then when I'm there we can do three generations!