Friday, March 1, 2013

RSV

Sophie got pretty sick a week ago.   She spent the weekend on the couch with a very nasty cough and a fever that wouldn't break.  After 4 days of this she wasn't really feeling any better so Monday morning I got her a doctor's appointment.  Late Sunday night Everett started a cough that sounded similar so I just took them both in.  They tested them both for RSV and they both came back positive!

Sophie felt pretty miserable for 7+ days.  And Everett continued to get worse; labored breathing, awful cough, fever, and runny nose.  The first night with Everett I held him the entire night and the 4 nights following he never slept longer than 45 mins without waking up.  So for 9 days I kept the kids home and gave breathing treatments, checked their oxygen levels, alternated Tylonal and Advil, catered to all of Sophie's requests, and held Everett all day.  I had to bring the kids back to the Dr  a few times during the week to get their vitals checked and at one of the visits they found Everett had a double ear infection on top of everything else.  Poor baby!

I had to cancel preschool and all other plans for the entire week.  During the week I did learn that I am not a person that is meant to stay at home all the time or to not have a job of some sort.  The kids seem to finally be feeling better so we can get back to normal soon.

When Everett wasn't crying he was quite cuddly and mellow.  I love how he holds his blankie up to his nose-

breathing treatments-

 In over a weeks time, Sophie only got clothes on to go to the dr.  The rest of the time she just wanted to be in her PJs.


No comments: