Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cutting it down to the wire...literally

So my preschool started today and we got the electricity hooked up about 8pm last night. Yes we were cutting it close on finishing the basement in time, but I got it set up and ready to go. It only took several late nights of painting, painting, caulking, painting, cleaning, painting, setting up, and did I mention painting!
Here's a look-
center stations-

playroom-

cubbies and classroom pets-
reading corner-
group circle time area-
some of my morning class-
And I was very proud of Garen. He struggled going to the CDC preschool this morning, but the teachers said he participated in some the activities which is a first there. Then he came to my preschool in the afternoon and did awesome! He played with friends, did all the activities, and even ate snack (he has refused to eat in front of people lately)

Maddie loves second grade! When asked if she had a good day she replied, "it was an AWESOME day!"
So my days pretty much look like this now:
6:30am-get up
8am-pick up Garen's friend and take them to the CDC for preschool.
8:30am-get Maddie to school
9am-my preschool starts 9 students and Sophie joins in
10:30am-my friend brings Garen home from the other preschool
11:30am-first preschool session ends followed by 30 min. to feed Garen and Sophie lunch and lay Sophie down for a nap
12:15pm-second preschool session starts-9 students
2:45pm-preschool ends, eat lunch since lunch and breakfast were missed
3:30pm-Maddie comes home from school
4:00pm-piano, soccer, girl scouts, or gymnastics depending on the night
7pm-maybe dinner if I got a chance to make it
8pm-kids to bed
8-11pm-clean up, set up preschool for next day, etc.

7 comments:

paul said...

Wow,that's fabulous! I can't wait to see it in person. Your hard work paid off. What a nice area to go down to. Good job Andy!
And you have been blessed with good friends who helped make that possible.

paul said...

That comment was from mom. I log in through dad's email so it always says 'Paul said' but you can always assume it is me.

Johnsons said...

It looks so good! Good job. Love all the pictures.

Ben and Sara said...

The basement looks awesome!! I love how the colors turned out. Do you think you might want to come help me paint? J/K.

Anonymous said...

busy, busy, busy!

Alisha Wilkins said...

Your pre-school looks awesome! I love it....great job!

Jenni said...

You really are a super mom. After reading your daily itinerary I decided that I have nothing to complain about with my day to day.

Oh and your preschool looks so cute. I wish you lived near me so Lizzie could go to you.