Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

We enjoyed 5 days in Burley over Thanksgiving with all of my family! We arrived on Wednesday which happened to be a few hours after one of my best friends had her baby. I got to go see Alisha and her baby and my friend Giselle for 2 hours and I held sweet baby Paige the whole time. It was so fun to catch up with my friends!
Thursday of course was full of cooking all morning followed by a wonderful Thanksgiving feast with 45 of my family members. The kids ran around the church gym for hours and we even got to play a little basketball. Every year at Thanksgiving everyone is able to get up and tell what the last year had brought their families and share talents. Maddie played her Christmas piano piece and also sang the baptism song with all her cousins that had been baptized this last year. Then to top it off Andy and I headed out at 10pm for some early black Friday shopping. The place was a mad house and you couldn't even move in any direction! Luckily we had each other to laugh at everytime someone pushed us or we shoved in the bottom by a cart.
Friday I got to spend a lot of time with my grandparents. With my parents in the temple all day I got to prepare and serve their meals throughout the day and Andy fixed their cutters that had blown down. I cherish every moment I get to spend with them and see their kind faces and hear the funny things they say. The kids played like crazy with their cousins and loved every minute of it.
Saturday I took the kids with me to Grandma and Grandpas and we raked up all their leaves. My kids enjoyed this since we never rake leaves in Rock Springs (there are no trees). Saturday we also celebrated Sophie and David's up coming birthdays. Sophie loved her moving baby panda from Grandma Sue and Grandpa Paul. She named it baby Paul. And she could wait to try on the knew outfit followed by the new Christmas dress!
Sunday we enjoyed church another yummy meal prepared by my mom then it was time for us to head back home. I loved seeing all my brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews, I didn't want it to end.
This Thanksgiving weekend definitely proved I have many things to be thankful for!

At grandma Dora's raking leaves-



Sophie and David blowing out their candles (3 and 18)
The kids put on a play on Thanksgiving at the church-

Grandma Sue got some great pictures of Sophie in her new clothes-


miriam, Savannah, Emma, Maddie, Abby-
Emma, Sophie and Naomi

Grandpa Paul and baby Paul-




All of my siblings and their kids with G and G
The whole Thanksgiving group-
time to eat-


No comments: