Monday, January 9, 2012

Grandma Dora's Funeral

The weekend of Grandma's funeral couldn't have gone better. The wonderful memories shared, the 140 family members that were there, the experience to help put on grandma's temple clothes with my 2 aunts, my mom, and my sister and the spirit that was felt there; as if the vale barley existed. My dad's beautiful talk about grandma's saying "what you lack in ability you can make up for in dependability" and my uncles talk about our mansions in heaven and I hope mine is next to yours. I saw my grandfather cry for the first time in my life. I saw Maddie feel the spirit. The beautiful family prayer given by my brother Dan. Watching my grandma's 16 grandsons carry the casket. Picking a few of grandma's things including a jewelry box, a few pieces of jewelry, and the turtle puzzle I used to do when I was little. I loved being surrounded by so much family all happy to see each other and to speak of all the wonderful things we loved about grandma.

On our way out of town on Sunday we stopped to see Grandma's headstone.-

The program-







trying to keep grandpa warm at the grave dedication-
















No comments: