Sunday, October 6, 2013

Andy's birthday


The whole weekend of Andy's birthday was so wonderful and very relaxing.  Saturday soccer games got canceled due to all the snow so we had a free day to be together as a family.  First thing in the morning the kids helped me wrap his presents and make him breakfast.  I think the kids were way more excited about Andy's birthday than he was.  Then we enjoyed a very spiritually fulfilling day watching conference.  We went out to eat for dinner at Golden Corral and then Andy headed off to the priesthood session.  After the kids were all in bed Andy and I stayed up watching Iron Man 3.  Then on Sunday more wonderfulness with the words of our prophet and apostles and we made Andy's birthday cake.  It was a much needed and wonderful weekend with our little family.  
My favorite conference moment was on Saturday night Sophie said our family prayer and it was very heartfelt and beautiful, best prayer I've ever heard from her.  When she was done we told her what a wonderful prayer and she said "I learned in General Conference".  






No comments: