Friday, October 4, 2013

Garens teacher conference

I went to Mrs. Reekers class this morning for Garen's Parent/Teacher Conference and I was so proud of him.   She showed me his test scores and pretty much said wow!  She said he got the highest dibels test score in the entire first grade!  She showed me samples of his writing; when asked to give a topic sentence, 3 details, and a conclusion she said his writing skills are really impressive.  I was so glad to hear all these wonderful things about him.  He's dealing with his anxiety really well and adjusting nicely to first grade and all it has to offer!


I was looking at some of their class books while I was waiting for my turn.  I liked Garen's pages.  They were making sentences.  The rest of the kids just had short ones like I like cats or something.  Leave it to Garen to use The elephant sat on the dog.  Haha.  He hates dogs.
In this book the kids were drawing a hello and a goodbye for the beginning of the year- 'Hello work, goodbye staying up late'

No comments: