Sunday, March 1, 2009

Church

Today was my second time bringing all three kids to church by myself (Andy had to work). We survived, but I was definetly tired when we got home. Getting myslef and 3 kids ready by 9am is not very easy. Then I teach the sunbeams. So after I got Garen to nursery and Maddie to her class I had to hold a crying Sophie, try and help a crying sunbeam and try to get another sunbeam to stop running out of the room.

Our lesson today was, 'I'm thankful for Water.' We had a little picnic with water, we washed dishes, gave a baby doll a bath and blew bubbles. So the sunbeams got nice and wet and Sophie got her binki shoved in her mouth and her head rubbed a little to hard by all the kids. I was so late after trying to clean the room up with one hand (since Sophie was in the other) that Maddie was wandering the halls and Garen was the last one in nursery. His teacher was carrying him around looking for me. Then somehow I managed to make it to the van (30 minutes after church was out) holding a huge bag, to tubs of toys we used, Sophie's carseat, and Garen's hand.

I don't know how that single lady that just had 8 babies and already has 6 could possibly survive, let alone go anywhere!

When we got home and I was changing the kids' clothes, Garen was very upset. He wanted a shirt with Heavenly Father on it. I finally convinced him to wear a firetruck shirt.

The rest of the afternoon was really good. Garen was actually very tired so he had a nap (first one in about 5 months) and Sophie happened to fall asleep at the same time. So all three of us had a little nap together (Maddie wanted to watch cartoons).
Later, Maddie and I finished her Junie B. Jones chapter book and played Sorry.

I did snap a few pictures when we got home from church. Garen didn't want his picture taken so we didn't get a good one of them all together in their church clothes. But I did catch a picture yesterday when Maddie and Garen were laying by Sophie, talking to her and giving her kisses. I also caught a good picture of Garen licking the beater after he helped me make brownies.









5 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

I don't know how you do it! You are my hero....Wonder Mom!

Johnsons said...

I love Maddie's blue dress. So cute. I wish we lived closer so I could help a little, but I know that if anyone can do it it's you.

Liz said...

Your amazing! I would have just stayed home cause it would stress me out to bad. Your my new role model!

Korbi said...

you made brownies too??? Amazing.... :)

Aubrey said...

It sounds like you need a different calling. I think teaching Sunbeams is the hardest calling in our church. That would be so difficult plus having to hold your crying baby.

Beautiful, beautiful children!!!

Sayda

My messages will always say from Aubrey because for some reason she ended up with my google acct when we set up her blog.