Saturday, June 25, 2011

Flaming Gorge Day 5K and Parade


On Saturday after just a few short hours of sleep my alarm went off at 6:30AM. At 7 I was on my way with some friends to run in the 5K race. The last 5K I ran was before I was pregnant with Sophie! I hadn't trained at all for this race and my body was very sore from the day before workout and 4-wheeling. I started realizing this factor just before the race began and started to question why I had decided to do this race at all!
The race was actually really beautiful and I enjoyed it at my own very slow pace. I'm glad I did it even though I got beat by old grandmas and little 7 year olds. All my friends that had passed me up were waiting for me at the end cheering (well maybe they were just yelling my name so I would hurry up so we could leave-haha).

After the race Andy met us for the parade (I was proud of him for successfully getting our kids ready and also bring my friends 3 kids to the parade on time by himself). Sophie was very into getting the candy-a few times she would even attempt to run out in front of the floats to grab a piece.














No comments: