Monday, June 6, 2011

Maddie's Baptism


Maddie was baptized yesterday. It was such a beautiful and spirit filled day. My parents, Andy's parents and sister, and my friend Brenda all came out for the special day. We also had so many friends come to support Maddie (friends from church and friends not of our faith). We had dinner first then filled the RS room with 50+ people. Maddie and 7 of her friends that are 8 sang the Baptism song. Jann and my dad both gave wonderful talks about baptism and the Holy Ghost and Andy did a great job with the Baptism and gave a beautiful Cconfirmation.

In the middle of preparing programs, food, pictures, and setting up chairs and tables I could definitely see the benefit in having a Stake baptism. But I had so much help from my family and friends that everything turned out just wonderful.

I will always remember this day and how beautiful and happy Maddie looked and the spirit that was felt so strongly during those special ordinances.

























It was a long day for Sophie with no nap and lots of church, and not enough attention from mom-


Some of my friends that were there-


Maddie and Bishop Druce-


cheetos and cake, anything to make her happy-




















1 comment:

suz young said...

That was a very pleasant trip to drive to Rock Springs, and a very special day of watching another grandchild enter the waters of baptism. We could feel the love of all those people for Maddie and your family. I loved taking the picture of you and your friends, which became a habit over the years. I love meeting other people through you! Glad I could be there to take pictures so I can alao have my own reference to that special day.