Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Flu



Can I just say I think it's a little unfair how often I get the throw up flu! Saturday night Andy got sick, I didn't really believe it was the flu because Andy never gets the flu even when our whole house is infested with the virus. But when Sophie got sick on Tuesday, I knew my turn wasn't far behind. Poor Sophie threw up 6 or 7 times and was so miserable. Then about midnight, it finally hit me. Andy was at work and Sophie decided around 1AM that she was to uncomfortable to sleep. I would throw up then go lay with her and rub her legs and try to hold my breath when I would change her diaper. It was the longest night of my life. It's one thing to take care of yourself when you are weak and achy and stuck near a toilet, but trying to comfort another while you feel that way is a difficult task. I was so grateful to see Andy walk in the door about 4:30AM and take over Sophie for me! Now I'm hoping this nasty bug misses Garen and Maddie.

No comments: