Monday, September 14, 2009

All alone and accomplishing Much


So on Thursday and Friday last week Andy took Garen and Sophie with him to his parent's new house. They wanted to visit and also need to find us some more patio bricks for the back yard (Rock Springs is out).
So I was left alone for the first time in like 6 years. My two days were packed full, but some how I had this new found energy to do everything and more with the knowledge I could do it without packing snacks, listening to crying and whining, buckling and unbuckling, threats, and potty training.
Thursday I got Maddie to school and then had an open house treasure hunt for the preschool. I was done by 1pm. Ran errands, picked up Maddie from school, went to the library, sat through soccer practice, picked up Maddie's uniform, went to Back to School Night and got to actually talk with Maddie's teacher without interruptions. Then Maddie and I headed to Applebees for a yummy girls out dinner and dessert! They were pretty busy and we had to wait awhile but I enjoyed having a long uninterrupted conversation with my growing up to fast girl. While there she made me laugh when she said, "It's fun eating out with just you, we don't have Sophie throwing food, Garen jumping on the seat, or dad making Garen scream."
Maddie was in bed at 9:30. I got a few more things done ( I didn't have to clean again because the house was still clean from the morning-Crazy!!) Bed at 11 and I slept straight through the night till 8am-I can't remember the last time that happened!
In between the girls turn they would swing each other to the ground-


Maddie at her first grade desk-


dinner at Applebees-

Since I had accomplished my 'have to get done list' by Friday I decided to accomplish a bigger project. One I am never able to do because of to many interruptions from a 3 year old and 8 month old. So I head to Home Depot and got everything I needed to stain and waterproof our deck. I didn't think it would be to big a deal, but 7 hours later I wasn't quit finished but needed a break and needed to get Maddie from school.
Andy called and said they were heading home and that his parents were nice enough to come as well so they could hall all those bricks in their truck for us! So Maddie and I ran to the store and made some lasagna, breadsticks and salad. It was nice to have my baby girl back-I haven't left her overnight before-but she was safe with daddy and grandma. Within a matter of minutes the house was noise and messy again, but I like it that way. :)





before-

After-

2 comments:

paul said...

Grandma Suz said- Wow, do you ever take advantage of your days! What a great opportunity to spend alone time with Maddie. The deck looks fabulous!!!!

Cammie said...

WOW! My kids were gone for a whole week, and it took me 3 days to get used to them being gone, and then another week to get used to having them back!!

It is amazing how much you can get done!