Thursday, September 10, 2009

First week of First Grade!!!

Maddie started first grade on Tuesday! She was so excited to go, she walked right in without a worry. They got to start out on the playground and I asked her do you see anyone you know, and 2 seconds later about 6 different boys (yes, all boys) yell out MADDIE! And I practically had to beg for a hug goodbye before she ran off to play.
I met her after school and she had a wonderful day. She loves her teacher, Mrs. Peirpoint and has made some new friends.

Tuesday night Andy gave her a beautiful school blessing. He blessed her with the ability to choose right from wrong and to stand up for what she's been taught even when everyone around her is doing something else. He blessed her that she would learn quickly and easily and that she would stay safe while she is away from us. Also that she will be the one to be a friend to everyone.

I made her breakfast of her favorites; hash browns and blueberry muffins for her first day of school-





The next day at school Maddie was thrilled to have grandma Sue walk her to school, since she is here visiting (helping) us.




And today Andy was home and got to walk with Maddie to school-
Maddie is loving school and being with her friends all day, even though Garen and I miss her during the day.

3 comments:

Johnsons said...

Oh, my gosh! First grade! I can't believe the time has flown so quickly. Wow. Good luck Maddie.

Alisha Wilkins said...

I can't believe she is in first grade!!! Are we really getting old enough to have all these kids?!?!? She looks adorable....as usual! How did your first week of 'school' go?????

paul said...

Grandma Suz says - I was so pleased to be there for the first couple days of school for Maddie! It was a double pulling of heart strings watching my daughter walking her daughter on the first day of school. It wasn't that long ago when it was Emily going off to 1st grade at Southwest School with Mrs. Smith. I know, I'm stuck in the mother mode.