Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grandma Dora


My thoughts and prayers are with my sweet Grandma Dora this week. Just a couple weeks ago she had to have surgery on her intestines. We were worried but she came out great and recovered very quickly. Then on Saturday my dad took her in because her heart rate was down in the 30's and she wasn't feeling to well. The doctor said he hasn't seen somebody with a heart rate that low that was still conscious.
The options were for her heart to keep slowing or to put in a pace maker. The surgery went well and she got home last night. Physically she keeps beating the medical odds at age 91, but she is left wondering if she should of just stayed home and let it take its coarse and she is afraid of what will fail next.
She is such an amazing, sweet, strong, and loving person. I got used to seeing her 3 or more times each week my entire childhood. She took care of us when my parents were gone, she picked me up from school and made me snacks, she taught me how to play ping pong and Scrabble. I can't wait to see her and my grandpa this weekend!

3 comments:

Johnsons said...

I'm so sorry. I hope all goes well.

Jann said...

Emily, please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We love you!

Nicole said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. It is the saddest thing to watch those you love suffer from aging. What great memories you have of her though. She sounds like a neat lady.