Friday, May 7, 2010

Flashback Friday-First teaching job

I was 21 when I graduated from college and took my first teaching job (2005). I taught Summer school to 1st-5th graders with severe disabilities. It was incredibly challenging; from feeding tubes, physical therapy, wheel chairs, violent behaviors, and a desperate need to catch these kids up for the next school year. I learned so much in that six week time frame. Here are just a few of the kids in my class-



That Fall I got to have my own classroom at a brand new school to teach the developmental preschool. I fell in love with teaching these special kids and loved the innocence of teaching preschool aged children! I loved my class, I loved teaching, I loved my 3 aids and Speech pathologist and enjoyed working there everyday even though I was extremely pregnant with Garen by the end of the school year.


I'm so glad I still get to teach without sending my kids to daycare!

No comments: