Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers

A big thank you to these three for making me the most wonderful thing in the world-a mother!
from Garen-

from Maddie, she even made a stand for her card all on her own-
From Sophie, she made it in nursery-

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing mother!
She is who I try each day to become; patient, kind, helpful, knowledgeable, good at any task set before her, pleasant, enduring, unselfish, motivated, happy, spiritual, and always laughing! Thanks for all the fun late nights watching blind date and other silly shows while I sat and you worked on projects intended for me. Thanks for making our home a place where I could always feel safe and happy and where me friends felt comfortable being. Thanks for being such a fun Young Women's leader and for taking us TPing. Thanks for teaching me how to choose the right but letting me get away with more than dad would. Thanks for having a great answer every time I call for preschool ideas, church talk ideas, and everything in between!
As I spent my Mother's day up at 5AM with Sophie, taking 3 kids to church by myself, running crazy doing sharing time with 70 primary kids, followed by getting home with a grumpy baby, hungry kids and a messy house, I could only think how many of my mom's Mothers Days were spent not doing one thing for herself. Hope you had a great Mother's day mom, you deserve it!!!
And I can't forget all the other wonderful mothers in my life that teach me so much and make me feel blessed everyday!

My mother-in-law who raised an amazing son and who treats my children like precious treasures-


Grandma Margaret who shows us how to be young even when your not-
Grandma Dora who can name all 90 something great grandchildren and always makes time to read a book and throw the ball with my kids every time we come -
Grandma Janene who is fun and exciting and always lets us take over her home even for a week at a time-

Grandma Vonnie who sang us songs while playing her guitar and who we miss dearly-
Great Grandma Pug who has great stories to tell and endured loosing two of her sons and her husband very early on.-
My sister-in-law that has always been extremely helpful with my kids and fun to raise our kids together-

My sisters, who I talk to daily as we go through this journey of motherhood together.

1 comment:

paul said...

Mom says, "That made me cry. Your gratitude is far beyond the facts of every day life, I'm sure, but thank you. I think you are amazing mothers with what goes on in this time period. And the extra things you volunteer for touches so many lives. Service is your virtue. I loved all the thoughts about moms you honored and I so miss my mother. Even though we have her songs on CD, it would rip my heart apart to listen to them. Love you Em.