Wednesday, November 3, 2010

sickies

We've been sickies around here, okay mainly me. I caught this awful flu that is taking me well over 24 hours to get rid off. Throw up, cold sweats, fever, body aches, the whole bit. Maddie came home sick from school on Tuesday. Needless to say, not much has been getting done around here. To top it off, Andy started graveyards this week, making him a very tired man. I felt awful last night as Maddie lay on the couch crying saying her body hurt and she couldn't get up and I knew I could not physically carry her up the stairs after an entire day of throwing up and extreme body aches myself. But we said a little prayer and everyone got to bed early and felt a bit better in the morning.
I'm extremely grateful for good friends; one who took Garen to preschool and back this morning, one who let Garen come over and play, one who unexpectedly brought me homemade chicken noodle soup, rolls, jello, and sprite, and one who took Maddie (who has recovered quickly) to ice skating lessons then let her and her friend free skate for another 2 hours.
I am extremely blessed.

1 comment:

Cammie said...

So glad you are on the mend. It was fun to talk to you tonight!