Tuesday, November 9, 2010

No more bottles

Sophie's drank her last bottle.

It's been a long time coming, this girl loved her bottles and it would make a screaming, cranky child into a quiet little angel so I kept giving it to her. But she was waking up 2 or 3 times a night crying for milk and then her diapers would leak through from so much drinking. We finally laid down the line and ended the bottle drinking. She cried for over an hour the first night and then another 2 hours in the middle of the night. She followed that by some morning crying and asking for a bottle. When I gave her a sippy cup she threw it at me and I would walk away and she would pick it up again so she could throw it at me again. This continued through the morning, luckily Andy was there to take over so I could teach preschool.
Then it happened, she went down for a nap with no crying and no asking for milk. Then she went to bed last night at 8pm and I didn't hear a peep till 7:45AM (I can't remember the last time she slept that long without waking up). So operation take away bottle is a success...
Now on to potty training...

3 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

Yay! I'm glad it wasn't that bad of a transition. Hopefully she continues to sleep all night!

paul said...

Now that is called tough love. See how well it works and everyone is happier!

paul said...

I signed in on dad's account, so I want you to know that Grandam Suz wrote that comment!