Wednesday, January 5, 2011

looking on the bright side of things


Don't get me wrong, there's not a day goes by that I don't feel blessed and find so many things that make me happy. But today was exhausting. I have this awful cold that just won't seem to let up and it's taking away my sleep. I forced myself out of bed this dark cold morning at 6:45. Went through my usual morning of getting everyone dressed, fed, hair done, lunches made, bags packed, Garen out by 8am, Maddie out by 8:30, a quick set up of the preschool with Sophie on my heals and then the next 6 hours I strained my voice and held back my coughs while I taught preschool. The kids were good and we had a lot of fun, I was just tired. Following preschool was a primary presidency meeting, then hungry kids, and homework. I just wanted to go to bed and it was only 5pm. I still had to look forward to baths, bedtime stories, teeth, etc. I could hear the strong winds outside and I knew how icy cold it was out there and I peeked out the window and saw this beautiful sunset. It made me smile and gave me just enough motivation to finish the night out happily and even give my kids an extra hug.

3 comments:

Johnsons said...

Looks like Heavenly Father knew just what you needed. Way pretty.

paul said...

Mom says: Great insights. You know a couple of my favorite things are sunsets and rainbows. To get a picture of one is a fleeting moment in time and you did just that. You are also recording those fleeting, every day moments so you can capture them for all time.

Robnz Fam said...

LOVE this story.