Thursday, February 24, 2011

Funny Kids


**The other night I was reading the kids, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and all the letters in the alphabet are on the back page. Just for fun I asked Sophie, where's S? And sure enough she pointed to it. I was surprised, I didn't know she knew her letters. Next we said where's O and then continued through all the letters of her name. She got every single one right. Maddie and I were laughing so hard everytime we gave her a new letter to point out and she got it right. I couldn't believe she knew them!

**When I was cooking dinner the other night I looked into the family room where the kids were and I'm glad I did so I could catch a little special moment. Garen was hugging Sophie on the couching saying, "I love you Sophie" and Sophie was rubbing his head. So sweet! I'm glad they love each other even though they fight so much.

**I was getting stuff out of Maddie's backpack and when I lifted it up I wondered why it was so dang heavy. I mean heavier than normal, she usually is caring library books, homework, lunch box, PE shoes, snowpants, waterbottle, snacks, etc. But this felt heavier than all that. I get to the bottom and she has a coat hood chuck full of rocks, I'm talking at least 10 lbs of them!!! I have no idea what she was planning on doing with them, but I made her go dump them back out into the field!

We missed a few ice skating classes due to mine and Sophie's couple weeks of sickness. But Maddie managed to move up to the next level anyway. She's getting very good. Garen enjoyed his first set of classes. Luckily he has some very patient and nice teachers!
Everytime I tried to take pictures of Maddie and Garen on the ice, Sophie would step in front of the camera and say "no, picture of me, picture of me." There's a reason this little girl calls herself a princess.

1 comment:

Robnz Fam said...

She was probably going to build a fort with them or something :0). That's cute. And way to go Sophie on knowing your letters!! That's so awesome!!