Sunday, February 20, 2011

Girl Scout Thinking Day and McDonalds

Yesterday was Thinking Day for Girl Scouts. We made a table all about South Africa (one of my Girl Scouts just moved there) and Maddie got to go around and learn about several different countries and try food from each.
I managed to make a fool of myself in many ways including, attempting to 'call' for the flag ceremony for our troop, something I've never done before, dance the Waka Wake Shakira Africa song in front of everyone, and sing a song (I don't sing). But over all it was a fun day, I'm just glad the majority of the people there were children.


When we got home the kids were restless and I am going on my 10th day of a horrible sore throat and we decided not to cook and go sit at McDonald's and let the kids run around so Andy and I could just sit and talk. While we were there a blizzard came in with lots of snow and wind, Maddie got a goose egg on her head and Garen scrapped a chunk of skin off his hand. Maybe McDonald's was a bad idea.

No comments: