Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Goodbye to my Childhood Clubhouse

Last weekend my brothers and their kids took down the clubhouse that I spent countless hours in during my 18 years in Burley.  
Me and my friends would play all kinds of games in there, the roof was the perfect hiding spot when playing beckon beckon during night games.  I even had a club with 6 members (I was the President of course) and we would meet in the clubhouse to plan things to do.  I sweated out in the sun as I painted that club house. We would dare each other to jump off the roof into the mean redheaded ladies yard behind us.
 I admit that it was time since it is over 30 years old and your foot could possible go through the wood on the front porch, but I had no warning.  I guess my mom forgot to mention they were taking it down so when I got an email today with these pictures I felt a little sad that I wasn't part of the demolition.  Not that I would have made the trip to Burley at 38 weeks pregnant had I known anyway.



2 comments:

suz young said...

Sorry Em! With the last minute deadline of putting the fence up, clearing out the back of the yard to make room, and the help we needed to do it all on Memorial Day, we scheduled it last minute. We knew you girls couldn't come,so we just had to do what we had to do. It was pretty dangerous lately, and we were blessed no one fell thru the floor into the log pit. We should gather all the thoughts of the clubhouse and yours was a good start.

Alisha Wilkins said...

*tear*