Thursday, May 3, 2012

Oh Sophie

I don't know if its the soon arrival of a new baby brother, or the fact that Sophie was born a drama queen, or maybe its just a faze but Sophie hasn't left my side day or night for days!  She's always loved gymnastics, she's always love playgroup, she's always been fine playing by herself for a bit or watching a cartoon downstairs while I was showering.  But this has all changed lately; and I'm not sure I can take it.  
I have to stand right next to her in gymnastics and even still she starts crying about nothing.  She has to be sitting on me or touching me at all times throughout the day.  Don't get me wrong I love the hugs and snuggles, but after a long day of preschool the last thing I want is to lay on the couch and have Sophie on top of me squishing my uncomfortably big belly.


The latest; there were a couple ants in the bathroom a few days ago, we sprayed them with raid and haven't seen a bug since.  But Sophie tip-toes around the house looking closely at the floor and if a speck of anything is spotted she screams and cries that she saw an ant or a spider.  This happens at least 15 times a day! She won't go to sleep at night cuz she says there might be ants in her bed (I promise, there isn't).  So she's been sleeping with me.  She's been sleeping so poorly at night that she's been falling asleep on the couch in the late afternoon.-

I really hope I get my happy fearless Sophie back soon!

No comments: