Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lots of T-ball

For the past week I've been doing the bare minimum of my responsibilities.  I caught a bad cold complete with a sinus infection and a really bad sore throat.  Even after finishing the antibiotics I felt even worse than the week before.  Sophie got super sick and has been sleeping in my bed and keeping me up all night with her coughing and fevers.  Maddie and Garen were much more mild but both caught colds.  Andy's been working some overtime and hasn't been around to much.  I am super tired and a bit discouraged at the way I feel but know that 'this too shall pass.'  

Went to the doctor today, I am now down to weekly appointments.  I'm 36 weeks and everything about mine and the babies health seem to be great.  When checked today the baby is head down and ready to go and I'm dilated to a 1.  Although I would like to have this baby today, I'm glad I have a few more weeks to finish up preschool, celebrate Maddie and Garen's birthdays, and do all the other end of the school year activities.

I was relieved when things seemed to be calming down for us with the gymnastics and figure skating seasons ending, but Garen's t-ball has filled those spots.  He's learning a lot and really enjoyed playing first base tonight because 'he got the ball a lot.'  If you know Garen you know he doesn't get super excited about very many things but he seems to like t-ball even if he is lacking the enthusiasm.



He really likes flipping the front of his hat up and he likes that his coach give them all bubble gum before each game-



towards the end of last nights game, Garen was laying on the grass when he was suppose to be playing 2nd base.  I had no idea what he was doing and wouldn't get up when the coaches were telling him to.  After the game in the car I asked him about it.  He explained that the ball never comes to him and that he figured out that if he lays flat on his stomach his face doesn't get in the grass because the front of his hat holds it up.  I had to laugh and then try an explain that you can't lay down on the field in the middle of a game.

No comments: