Saturday, June 2, 2012

9 Years Ago...


Maddie joined our family 9 years ago today.  And what a beautiful, sweet, talented, independent 9 year old she has turned out to be!  I honestly could not ask for a better daughter especially lately.  She has done far more than her share with helping me as the last 9 months of pregnancy has put me done several times.  She can prepare a meal for her and her siblings, she can and has done laundry, dishes, cleaned bathrooms.  She would get herself as well as her younger siblings ready for school in the morning including breakfast and making her own cold lunch.  She hasn't complained at all when I ask her to do things above her chore list and she is so good at creating new and inventive games for Garen and Sophie to play with her.  She is doing wonderfully in school always comes home with excellent grades and rarely needs help with her homework.  She loves all her extra activities and isn't afraid to try anything new or difficult.  Whatever she is doing she just seems to shine.  This year I've really enjoyed watching her figure skate, compete in gymnastics, play soccer, get better at the piano, sing in choir, etc.  I feel strong feelings of pride and love everytime I see her do something well or make good choices.  I'm not sure I'm ready for her to be 9 but she is definitely a wonderful 9 year old!!!

2 comments:

suz young said...

I agree with all that you said about wonderful Maddie. And we wish her a fabulous birthday! We'll celebrate it when we come. And your post brings to mind that this a beautiful tradition to carry on - the love and admiration of daughters.

Alisha Wilkins said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe it's been 9 years! What a wonderful daughter you have!

P.S. You and Andy look so young! :)