Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers

I was so blessed to have a dad that lead by example.  He taught me many things through his instruction but taught me even more and more deeply by his close to perfect example.  My dad worked so hard for our family and always made sure we were well taken care of by working 2 or 3 jobs at a time.  Despite his lack of sleep and busy schedule he always made it to everything I participated in no matter how unimportant it was or how far away it was.  He was always proud of what I did whether I placed 1st in hurdles or whether I sat out most of the soccer game.  I always look to my dad when I'm not sure what to do or need some real genuine advice.

I think one of the things that drew me to Andy in the beginning was seeing some of my dad's qualities in him. He helps and leads with quiet kindness.  His words and actions are never artificial or to draw attention.  He's never said an unkind thing to me or about me. He'll let the kids get out of bed 10+ times just to give him another hug or wrestle with the kids even when he is very sleep deprived.  I am so blessed to have Andy as my husband and someday when our kids our grown, they will look back just as I have with my dad and realize how blessed they were to grow up in a home with such a kind and caring father.






After church Andy got a nap, I made him some lasagna for dinner, he got to watch the NBA finals basketball game and then we watched the new Mission Impossible movie while snuggling Everett.  I think it was a pretty good Father's Day.

1 comment:

pug said...

Perfect day! Thanks Em.