Saturday, June 9, 2012

Everett Roger Pugmire

Everett joined our family Thursday June 7th at 11:21am.  He weighed in at a whopping 8 pounds 15.6 ounces.  So we are just saying 9 pounds.  He was 20 1/2 inches long and he has a good loud scream on him.  
I was glad at my Wednesday Dr. appointment that my Dr. told me to go ahead and head to the hospital at 5:30am the next morning.  I'm afraid if we would have waited any longer he would have been 10 pounds.  Andy's mom was nice enough to come Wednesday night so she could be with the kids early Thursday morning.  About 6:30am I was hooked up to an IV and all the monitors.  By 9:30 Starla came and broke my water and at 11am I was ready to push.
Since he was so big his blood sugar dropped a bit, but besides that he was just a handsome, big healthy boy!  All I want to do is spend all my time staring at him and his chunky face!





I got to go down and watch his first bath.  He didn't like it much and he showed us really how loud he could scream.

About 5pm Andy went home and got the kids to come meet their brother.  Maddie couldn't get enough of him and loved how cute he is.  She held him almost the whole time they were at the hospital.  Garen was excited to see him and says he likes his baby brother but he was not interested in holding him.  Sophie loves him but doesn't love the attention taken off of her.  She changes her mind about the situation every couple minutes.  She will get grump say she doesn't wan to hold him and the next second she just wants to hold his hand and kiss him.





Sophie wanting Rett to grab her finger-
Then Sophie wanting me to only take pictures of her and not the baby-





We got home Friday morning about 9:30.  I'm not a fan of staying in the hospital, I was ready to be home.

Our first family photo right after we got home from the hospital-

1 comment:

Robnz Fam said...

Oh my goodness. I'm in love. Want a sweet heart. I can't wait to meet him. Just stop feeding him until then so he won't grow as fast. ;) That picture of Maddie holding Everett was so precious. I'm SO excited for you, and especially that he is on this side of the womb finally. What a long 9 months for you, but so worth it I'm sure. Love you guys.