Sunday, June 30, 2013

Change

 Today was a big day; a sad, happy, weird dream like day.  First they changed a bunch of our ward boundaries and created a 4th ward in our building.  This change moved our family from the White Mountain Ward to the Overland Ward.  We've been in the White Mountain ward for 5 years now and have grown to love it and all the people.  Although many of my friends will also be moving to Overland ward with me, many of my friends are not.
On top of the ward change Andy got ordained a High Priest today by his father.  And the reason for this ordination was because Andy was called as the 2nd Counselor in the bishopric.  Andy dislikes change even more than I do and I know he really loved being Elders Quorum president these last few years but he's ready and willing to serve in this new calling.  When we got called to the Stake center Thursday night and they extended the calling Andy looked at me like 'what do you think' and I told him I knew this was coming even before I married him-no surprise here.  
Change is hard but change is good.  We look forward to getting settled into serving in our new ward.



1 comment:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Bishopric!?!?!? I need to visit my private blogs a little more often! How exciting!! Congrats Andy! Emily-we need a get together! :)