Monday, June 17, 2013

Martin's Cove

The last 9 days we drove to Minnesota and back and did some awesome stuff along the way.  The next several posts will be about our travels and adventures.  Starting with Martin's Cove.  We didn't have time to hike all the way to Devil's peak but we did pull the kids in a handcart along the trail and up to the Invisible Veil bridge.  At the bridge you could whisper something at one end of the metal rail and be able to hear it at the other.  I don't think the kids could quite understand exactly how difficult it was for the pioneers, as a matter of fact I don't think I can.  But there were a few times on our trip that the kids were tired of being in the car or tired of walking and I would think to myself how could you do this all day with starving children, no shoes, in the snow and all you see in front of you is more mountains to climb!


















No comments: