Sunday, June 15, 2014

Garen's Baptism Day


We couldn't have asked for a more spirit filled and perfect day.  I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers and for a Holy Ghost who can fill a room with the warmth and truth of the spirit and can calm an anxious 8 year old boys mind and heart.  
We loved having both sets of grandparents plus great grandma Janene, as well as Aunt Mandy, Aunt Sara, and Aunt Amber and their families make the trip out to Wyoming to be a part of Garen's big day.
The grandma's said the prayers, Grandpa Paul gave a talk on Baptism and Grandpa Boyd talk of the Holy Ghost both of them spoke to Garen from the heart.  All the cousins sang 'build and Ark' and since Andy was conducting he even got to slip in a few words and read a note he got from grandpa Roger years ago.  
Besides Garen getting a bloody nose right after he was baptized everything went wonderfully.  Garen enjoyed the day and the next morning on Sunday, Garen was the first one ready for church with his new scriptures in hand.  We are so proud of Garen for his decision to be baptized and his courage to overcome some of his fears that day.







Another prayer answered this week as Andy and I prayed, we prayed for Garen to find a good friend that shared the same values and could be a comfort at school.  The very next day I got a call from Conner's mom.  Garen had talked about Conner many times but I didn't know who his family was and I'm always weary to try and set up playdates with families I don't know.
In talking to the mom I found out Conner is our bishops grandson!  Garen and Conner's birthdays are one day apart and Conner also got baptized right after Garen did.  It seems like a small thing but it touched my heart that Heavenly Father would answer our prayers so quickly.  How overwhelmingly grateful I am for my family and for Heavenly Fathers daily hand in our lives,







No comments: