Saturday, May 5, 2007

SOLD!?


John Quincy Adams said, "Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." I have never been much of a patient person. I expect things to get done quickly. I'm learning that that is not always what is best. We have had our house up for sale for about 7 months. We show it several times a week, which means I get to clean all the time and drag the kids out of the house with little notice. We have had two offers on the house that have fallen through, and we just got a new offer today (I'm crossing my fingers this one will go through). When Andy graduated in December I expected him to get a job right away and sale our house right away and move on to the next chapter in our live. But I realize now that maybe this chapter isn't over yet. My goal is to enjoy every second of everyday whether big exciting things are happening or not. Sometimes the small things are more important. Although I am anxious to know where our future lies, I am so grateful for all the learning opportunities I have right here in front of me.(I get to be challenged by working with Special Ed adults at Utah State University, and we have a wonderful ward with many good friends) Andy has had many interviews and a few job offers but nothing that has felt right. Through all his frustration (mostly with Wal-Mart) I admire his attitude; he says "I better figure out what the Lord still wants me to learn so we can move on and I can get a new job." We are a very blessed family and we have faith that great things are on their way.

1 comment:

Randy & Chanc Nicole said...

Life is so frustrating sometimes! Best of luck with selling the house. Where are you hoping to move to?