Sunday, July 15, 2007

5th Anniversary

Andy and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary on July 12th. We were blessed to have Andy's parents so close and willing to stay at our house with the kids while we went to Salt Lake. We got there Thursday afternoon and went to dinner at the Rodizio Grill. For those of you who don't know, it's a restaurant where they continually bring skewers of grilled fish, steak, chicken, pineapple, and pretty much anything else. After dinner we did some shopping at the Gateway mall and then we got to go to the new Harry Potter movie (I'm a fan).



After the movie we went to the Anniversary Inn. We had the Sultan's Palace room. It was so nice to sleep in and have breakfast brought to us in bed. Not to mention the awesome jetted tub.


We checked out of the hotel at about noon and headed to Lagoon. We probably sound like nerds going to Lagoon for our anniversary but it was a blast!!! We road all the roller coasters. There are so many new rides since the last time I was there. We didn't bring our camera in because I didn't want to keep track of it, but here are some pictures of my favorite rides.




Later in the afternoon we went to Lagoon-A-Beach to cool off. It was fun to chill with Andy and to try all the water slides.


In the evening, when it cooled down a bit, we went on more rides and just enjoyed ourselves until they closed at 11:00 p.m. On our way out we got to stop in some of the little shops and pick out a gift for Maddie and Garen. It was a wonderful two days for me and Andy.

I don't think the kids even missed us, so I guess we'll have to do it again soon!

2 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

What a fun way to spend your anniversary! :)
I did get your e-mail about the bows and haven't forgotten, I am just trying to get everything made/ready to sell in the store in town! I deliver them tomorrow so then those will be out of the way and I can make those REAL soon!
I put my digital scrapbook pages together using Photo shop. There are a ton of websites that have "free" kits (so nice!!!) then I just take all the elements and start putting them together...
Take care!

Nicole said...

So strange...Randy and I were at Gateway last Thursday to see the new Harry Potter movie. Too bad we missed you! Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary. You deserve it with all the hard work you've been doing on your house. Happy Anniversary (late)!