Thursday, May 1, 2008

Test Launch

This afternoon we took the kids out to Thiokol, where Andy's dad works, to see them test one of their shuttle boosters. It was pretty cold out, but it was really amazing to watch. Maddie thought it was neat, but Garen didn't like the loud noise and the fact that it was shaking the ground.
Grandma entertaining the kids while we wait-

The kids after it was done-

This is the size of booster they were testing, I didn't realize it was so big!-

It's not as cool on the video as it is in person. (It doesn't blast off till about 43 sec.)

3 comments:

gizcallyomom said...

It always amazes me that light travels faster than sound. You guys are always doing the coolest things Em!

megan said...

that is pretty amazing! My boys would have loved that!

Jenni said...

That is so cool. I wish we could have been there. I would have loved to watch it in person.