Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rock Springs, Wyoming

So it looks like it's settled, we are moving to Rock Springs, Wyoming!

Andy and I took a trip there yesterday to check things out. I must say it is not the most glamorous town I've ever seen. :(

But, Andy has a good opportunity to run the Sports Authority store there and get the experience and the raise in pay that he's been looking for. We are planning on this being a temporary move, maybe a year or two. Rock Springs is not a place we really want to stick around and raise a family. But there are some nice areas and I hope we can find a good house in a nice little neighborhood. There are only 2 LDS church buildings in the whole area and just one stake. This will be a huge change for us since we are used to seeing church buildings on every block and where there are so many church members that the my little neighborhood makes up the whole ward. I know this will be a learning experience for all of us and can only bring us closer together and closer to the church.

They want Andy as soon as we can get there, so we will be putting our house up for sell this week as well as trying to find a place to move into. Andy and I are both nervous about this new change, but we both feel like we need to do it. Onto the Cowboy State. (don't worry I'm not going to start wearing wranglers).

10 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

What a bitter sweet opportunity! Congrats on the job Andy!
We may not see each other alot Em, but how sad that you are moving farther away!! What a great experience for you guys. Careful though, when my sister Gina moved away they said it would only be temporary next thing you know it's been over 20 years since they said that! $$ was the big issue for them, they would love to move closer, but what Craig does they have never been able to find a job that will pay half as much as he could make some where else.

Good luck though.....still coming home the last weekend of May right?!?!

Sorry I missed your call the other day, I was feeding Parker and 'trying' to keep Taylor from tearing apart my house! Then my cell phone to call you back was in the car and I never had time to run out and get it!

Alisha Wilkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Hernandez said...

I'm gonna miss you guys! Please only sell your house to someone who is really cool, we need cool neighbors :O), okay that is totally selfish of me! But really we are gonna miss playing with you guys!

Jenni said...

Good luck with the move and selling your house. Change can be scary sometimes but also exciting. It seems like you have the type of personality that adapts well to any environment. Your such a good blogger that it will be fun keeping track of you where ever you are.

Kelsie said...

"WHAT" NOW WERE GOING TO BE EVEN FARTHER APART. I FEEL LIKE CRYING, BUT IM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS. IT'S NOT LIKE I WAS A TRADER AND MOVED ALSO. BUT REALLY IM TOTALLY GOING TO MISS YOU LIKE IM ALREADY DOING. MY NEIGHBORS ARE COLLEGE STUDENTS. AND THERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE NEIGHBOR YOU WERE. LET ME KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING AND I WILL TOALLY COME UP AND HELP YOU CLEAN

Robnz Fam said...

The fact that you are moving so far away still hasn't sunk it. It really does make me SO sad! I know that we don't see that much of each other anyway, but we are so close it makes it feel like we see each other all the time :0). OK, OK, now I'm being selfish...I really am SO happy for you four and the big move. You have a great attitude about it and you will make great friends. Too bad they can only have you for a year or two...cuz that's all you get! After that, times up and you have to come back!!!! OK, sorry for being selfish again...CONGRATULATIONS ANDY!!!!

Mandi said...

Wow, have fun and good luck with the move! I have loved our big move. It is not without its challenges...but it has been great for our family. I hope you are able so sell your house quickly!

dersley said...

I guess I am one of the few people who can be happy that you are moving closer to me!!! haha. I am happy for you guys and hope everything goes well with selling your house and making the move. I just drove past Rock Springs on my way home from Burley last week. We had to find a random park somewhere around there for my kids to play because they were so restless. We are planning on making that trip one or twice more this summer, so we will have to meet up with you for a break from driving.

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

Wow Rock Springs, we drove through there on our way home from Utah last summer. Congrats on the job offer. Its hard being away from family, but then its nice to make close friends and make your own traditions. I am very excited for you. Good luck with the moving and selling of your house.

suz young said...

We don't want to be selfish and say not to move, but in the back of our minds we know you will REALLY appreciate the lush Wasatch front on up through Idaho after living in Wyoming for awhile. And it will step you up to other opportunities in the future. It's right for now when you feel that confirmation like you did.