Friday, August 22, 2008

Parks and Picnics

Our week has been full of parks and picnics. We had a ward picnic where they played flag football-I wanted to join in so bad! But I think it's a requirement to be able to run when you play and that is something I can't do at the moment.

We also went to our libraries end of the summer picnic. Maddie had a blast with the other kids there and the waterballoons. I do have to say that picnics are kind of a challenge in Rock Springs. If you aren't holding everything down you end up loosing your plate or drink so fast with that crazy wind. My kids lost their lunch several times!

Then today we met the ward play group at the new splash park for a picnic and play. The kids had a blast at the park and the nearby train they could climb on, but neither of them wanted much to do with the cold water with that wind going on. Whenever we went swimming in Logan it was always at least 90 degrees and it rarely gets much over 80 here. Most days we are sitting in the high 60s or low 70s, which feels great to me, but I guess not for swimming in cold water.

Garen eating a snack instead of playing in the water behind him-

Rolling down the hills-

Garen preferred to roll his water bottle down-

lunch at the library-

Garen loved that train, but after I put him up there he heard the whistle of a real train and he thought they might start moving and started crying-


Maddie getting dizzy-

1 comment:

Alisha Wilkins said...

Can I come and live with you for a while??!?!?
You are always doing soooo many fun things!
Your 'being able to run' comment made me laugh out loud!
Hope you are feeling well!