Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the making


I got out of the shower this morning just in time to see President Obama sworn in and to hear his speech. This really is a day that will make the history books for years to come. I'm anxious to see the changes that will occur in the next 4 years.
Maddie came home from school and was excited to see that the parade was on. She said, "my teacher told me Barak Obama would be on when I got home. He's the first president with dark skin. And he has two daughter that are 7 and 10. We didn't vote for him but he's the president anyway." I guess they leared about President Obama at school today. I think Maddie know more than I do about him. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your precious little one, she is gorgeous!

Janette said...

I was talking to my mom today and she told me you had your baby a while ago... she is so precious. What a cutie to add to you already cute family. Congrats! I'm a blog slacker big time :) what can I say. I'm glad you're all doing well. :)

chel_t said...

I agree! I'm excited to see what changes will happen also! Hope you're still getting some sleep with the new little one!

DM said...

It should be interesting to say the least!

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. Sorry to hear about the throw up. that is awful!