Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Kids

I usually start with Maddie when I update so we'll switch it around and start with Sophie.

She is getting so big, so fast! She now fits into her 3-6 month clothes and she is only 6 weeks old! She is smiling at everyone now and she has the cutest little coos as she tries to talk with us.
She really loves to be held, but is such a good baby! Maddie and Garen are always by her side showing her things, talking to her, and giving her hugs and kisses. It gets a little overwhelming for her sometimes, but you can tell she loves them!

I love her bald head in front and her patch of hair in back-


This is a 3-6 month outfit!-
I know she's not doing much, but I just love to watch her look around with that look of amazement- (try to ignore the messy closet and room behind her).


Garen is so fun to have around! He has been such a good boy playing quietly by himself for hours. I finally took him to playgroup last week because he has been cooped up in the house pretty much since Sophie was born. He had a blast! There were about 8 other little boys there and they build towers with the giant block then knocked them down. And they took turns pushing each other down the slide.
Also, Garen has been using the toilet everytime I put him on it! The only thing is he will never go to the bathroom on his own or tell me when he needs to go. I put him in underwear the last two days, but when I would get to busy and not take him to the bathroom every 30 minutes he would just go in his underwear. So we went back to diaper today to make my life easier and we'll keep working on it.
Andy's going to kill me for posting this picture, but Garen is just to cute!-

He is the most lovey little boy! He is always giving hugs and kisses to everyone, especially his baby sister.
Going for a ride with sister in the pink Barbie jeep-




Maddie amazes me with her increased ability to read! She can pick up almost any children's book, easy or hard, and read the whole thing with little help. She read me a long story the other day that took her 25 minutes and I think she only needed help with one word!!! She is so grown up.
Andy took Maddie on a daddy-daughter date yesterday to pizza hut. Andy Said he was asking her 'What if' questions. One question was, What if you were stranded on an island and you could only have one possession, what would it be? Maddie replied, "a magic carpet of course, then you can fly off the island."
Another funny thing; Maddie came home from school yesterday and said that her class got to vote on what kind of party they would have-a pajama party or a donut party. Maddie said she voted for a pajama party because she doesn't know what donuts are. I've never bought donuts or given one to Maddie, so is that sad that my 51/2 year old doesn't even know what they are? Also for the longest time she called other peoples pop, 'dark juice.' She didn't try a sip of pop until a few months ago when she had to flu-she doesn't like it.
Maddie also moved up to the advanced gymnastics class this week! There are girls in her class that are 11 years old. Maddie looks so little in there, but it doesn't bother her; she acts like she's best friends with all of them.
One of Maddie's new little friends-

It was funny that Maddie and her friend Brecken looked the same today with while leotards, black pants, and blond pig tails. The teacher kept mixing them up.

stretches-


At the end of class they played duck, duck goose. I didn't get it on video, but Maddie got picked like 6 times in a row by different girls. She was getting tired and the teacher had to make a rule to pick somebody besides Maddie.

4 comments:

Jann said...

The pictures of the kids are so darling. I am sooo excited to see you all this weekend.

Johnsons said...

Awww. That's all...just awww.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are handling being a mom of 3 quit well. I am very impressed! I love the picture of Garen in his underwear, he looks like he is pretty proud of himself, and congrats on not ever giving Maddie a donut or pop!

dersley said...

What cute, cute kids. Love the update!