Wednesday, January 7, 2009

When did they grow up?


I took Maddie to school yesterday morning and as she hops out of the van she sees a boy from her class headed toward the doors. She yells, "Aidan, wait up." The boy stops and yells, "Oh, hey Maddie, in their 5 year old cool voices. Maddie runs up to him and he puts his arm around her and walks her to the door. Then he pulls the door open for her and lets her in first. How do five year olds know how to act like that. They resembled a little dating couple a little to closely. :(
When did my little girl grow up?
My little gymnast in her new leotard. Check out her buff arms and shoulders-
Then when I dropped her off at school this morning I was wishing I had my camera so I could have video taped her trying to get to the front doors.
It is so windy today, I can't believe it. I mean my whole bedroom was shaking last night. I thought at one point Maddie had come in and was climbing on the bed, but nope it was just shaking because the whole house was shaking from the wind.
My computer says the wind here is blowing at 47mph.
Anyway, before Maddie got out she was telling me how much she likes the wind. And I was telling her how bad it was today that she probably wouldn't be able to walk in it. And again she reassured me she likes walking in the wind. So she gets out and starts heading to the front doors. She is totally blown of course and shes hanging onto her backpack with one hand as it threatens to blow down the sidewalk. As I was getting out to go help her get to the door I was laughing so hard. She kept getting blown further and further to the right and further away from the doors. I guess that's what happens when you send a 35 pound little girl out in wind that strong. I hope they don't send them out for recess, because Maddie will probably blow right of the playground.


Now Maddie's not the only one growing up! Garen went poop in the toilet for the first time yesterday! He's really warmed up to the idea of using the toilet and he is excited about his big boy pants. So we'll see if we continue to have success with the potty training.
And then there is Sophie. This sweet little girl slept from 11:30 PM to 5 AM this morning! This is the longest stretch we have had so far. I hope it continues! Then Sophie can move into her sisters room in the next few months. (Maddie is excited for Sophie to sleep with her, but she thinks they need bunk beds so Maddie can "sleep up high")


.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Your kids are so cute. Maddie is hilarious. I can just see her being blown off course. Crazy wind. From Burley to Wyoming. Yuck! I hope you are able to stay put in all that chaos. I'm glad little Sophie slept well for you. I hope it continues too.

Johnsons said...

Maddie looks like she could beat me up. She's tough. I'm glad Garen is using the toilet a little and that Sophie is sleeping a little. I hope you are too. I'm so excited to come out there...just a few weeks away!

chel_t said...

Your kids are seriously too cute! I miss you guys!

Alisha Wilkins said...

I want to just squeeze all your kids...they are so dang cute and LOVE the Aidan/Maddie story, funny!
I was running late this morning and forgot to grab the stuff to drop off at your mom's. Can you pass the word on that it will be in the next couple days....

Jenni said...

Hurray for Garen and you. I think potty training is a huge accomplishment. And mad Maddie is buff, I think she is so much like you. And wow, I can't believe that Sophie is already sleeping through the night. You are an amazing mother to some great kids.

Kelsie said...

THAT IS SO DANG CUTE LITTLE MADDY HAS A LITTLE BOY FRIEND.. HAHA THAT IS SOO CUTE.... yEA FOR GAREN.. HE IS SUCH A BIG BOY.. AND CUTE LITTLE SOPHIE YEA FOR SLEEPING SO LONG. I HOPE SHE KEEPS IT UP..... SO HOW ARE YOU DOING LITTLE MISSY????

Aubrey said...

Emily thank you for your comment and your prayers. Your baby has grown so much since I last got on your blog. She is so beautiful. All your kids are so beautiful. That blessing dress is amazing. Alisha truly is talented. What a cute Maddie story with the wind and the cute little friend. Congratulations on the potty training!

Sayda