Thursday, February 19, 2009

Girl Scouts


Maddie started girl scouts this week. My little girl is a 'Daisy'. I signed her up knowing nothing about the program. I've never done girl scouts or knew anyone who had, but I thought it would be fun. I'm really glad I did. They have some super fun things planned. The program is really great; it's kinda set up like the Young Women program. They complete tasks in categories like Respect and Charity and earn their Daisy as well as other badges.
Maddie's favorite part this week was playing the game daisy to daisy. You would start with another friend (daisy) then hand to hand, knee to knee then switch partners when they called daisy to daisy again and so on.

2 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

your such a great mom! I wish you lived closer so I could buy some girl scout cookies from her!! Let me know if you will be up around the time cookie time comes around, I would love to buy some from her!!

Johnsons said...

okay, please don't let maddie pose for a picture with her finger in her mouth like the little girl. maddie is so not that girly