Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mother-daughter time


Maddie and I got to spend some one-on-one time last night. We headed to the rec. center after dinner and went swimming. It was so much fun. We played red light, green light and practiced her swimming without a life jacket. Then we spent some time in the spa just talking and laughing.
After we were all dry and dressed we watched the hockey players for a little bit.
We got home after 9pm and Maddie was so excited because now she thinks she is all grownup because she can stay up late. (her usual bedtime is 8).
It was some much needed time together. I find my time with Maddie becomes less and less because she is at school all day and Garen and Sophie are much more needy, so my time goes to them more often.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You are such a good mom and a great example and inspiration to me. I haven't checked your blog in a while and caught up on the adventures of the Pugmire home. You have such a beautiful family. Maddie amazes me! She is a cute little social butterfly and seems quite talented. Sophie is so big! I can't believe she is already 6 weeks. How did that happen? It was great to see you so happy.

Johnsons said...

I bet Maddie thought that was the coolest thing ever. How cute. See ya soon!

suz young said...

That was certainly time well spent. A little time goes a long way.