Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Weekend in Clarkston

On Friday we got Maddie out of school at lunch time so we could head to Grandpa Boyd and Grandma Jann's house. The kids were super excited to go to Clarkston. That night I was able to sneak out after the kids were asleep and go see a movie with my friend Brenda-not just any movie; we got to see Twilight together. It was fun to have a girls night with Brenda! I ended up getting back to the house at about 2AM. The drive out there was so foggy I couldn't even see the road!

Saturday morning, Andy and I got to go to the temple, which was much needed. We miss having a temple so close.
Then we got to have a nice quiet lunch together at Olive Garden. And we got to spend some time visiting Andy's Grandpa at the nursing home.
The rest of Saturday afternoon was spent playing in all that fun snow! We don't have any snow in Rock Springs, so it was fun for the kids to sled down the little hill behind the house.
Amber and Zeb came out both Saturday and Sunday. If was fun to see them, play games, and for the kids to play with Levi.
And of course the kids loved spending all that time playing games and reading stories with grandma and grandpa.
Monday morning at 8am all four of us had a dentist appointment to get to. It was time for checkups and I had chipped my tooth over Christmas and wanted to come to my trusted dentist in Smithfield instead of finding a new one in Rock Springs. Everyone's teeth look healthy! Garen went running out the front door because he didn't want anyone looking at his teeth, but we made it through.
On our way home Monday afternoon, we stopped in Bear Lake to visit Andy's grandparents. It was a nice half way breaking spot between Clarkston and Rock Springs. They were nice enough to make us lunch and let the kids play for a couple hours.
Then all the kids had a little nap the rest of the way home.
It was a very enjoyable weekend! But this morning its back to life; Andy headed to work, Maddie went to school, and me and the kids got some groceries. I also took Sophie to the doctor to get her checked out-she's been stuffed up all week and I was worried it was turning into something worse. But I guess I was being an over reactive parent because the doctor said her lungs and ears and everything looks good.

No comments: