Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Week in Review...

Sunday:
-Andy had to work
-the kids and I made it to 9AM church only 15 minutes late!
-Family Home Evening (Andy usually works on Monday nights). A lesson on David and Goliath consisting of measuring 9 feet tall, homemade slings, and marshmallows to sling at the giant.

Monday:
-re-register both cars=$325
-grocery shopping because we were out of everything = $300
-Maddie's first day of Summer camp, Jumpstart to first grade. She loved it and is very sad it is only 2 hours everyday instead of her usually 6 hour school day.
-Sophie had a 6 hour nap-something that never happens, I'm not sure what the deal was but it was kind of nice. She woke up very happy so she must have needed it.
-A nice walk to the library to get more Rainbow Fairy chapter books and about 10 book about different kinds of Cats for Maddie. And playing with the toys for Garen.
-Homemade pizza for dinner and the kids got to create their very own little ones however they wanted. They both ate their entire pizza; I should let them cook their own food more often!

-Sophie attempts to crawl and is so very close.
-Sophie pulls herself up on everything followed by falling over. It's becoming a problem. If one of the kids get to close she dives for them and climbs up them, the kids back away and Sophie is on her face.




Tuesday:
-Took Maddie and friend Samantha to Summer camp
-Headed to the park for a picnic and combined Visiting teaching while the kids played and swam.
-Got home just as Maddie was being dropped off.
-Babysat Larissa, Olivia, and baby Cason. The girls played with the doll house the whole time, baby Cason and Sophie slept, and Garen played the computer.
-While babysitting, my neighbor called and thought she was going into labor so we got to have Rogan over to play while she went to get checked out.

-After the extra 4 kids left the power went out for about 3 hours. We spent this time outside riding bikes and playing basketball. The kids enjoyed brushing their teeth and reading stories with a flashlight.


Wednesday:
-We had Rogan over to play again while his mom returned to the doctor.
-picked Maddie up from Summer camp-they went on a field trip to the Library today.

-A quick lunch before heading out to the Green River splash park for a friends birthday party. We were sad we couldn't make it to Syracuse for cousin Abby's party. At Cali's party they went on a super fun treasure hunt, played in the water, had ice cream and brownies, opened presents, and got fun treat bags after. Garen really enjoyed playing with Cali's little brother Carter and Sophie was just very tired.

Birthday girl Cali and Maddie-




-Got pulled over on our way home from the party for going 10 over, total accident-I didn't know the speed, the kids were all yelling and I wasn't paying attention, plus the cop was in a black expedition with no lights on top so I couldn't even tell he was a cop sitting there. I didn't even have my license with me because I grabbed our swim bag and not my purse on my way out.
I was pretty sure he was giving me a ticket by the look on his face and his little not pad ready, but when I said I was from Rock Springs and he saw my 2 kids in wet swimsuits red faced from the heat and Sophie was screaming bloody murder, he gave me a warning and let me go.
Maddie wouldn't stop talking about it, "mom were you speeding, are you getting a ticket, why is the cop still behind us, are you in trouble?"
Just a side note, I've been pulled over about 10 times and I have never received a speeding ticket. I'm glad I didn't break that record this day!
-Went to dinner at Applebees when Andy got off work. We needed to use our gift card from mom and dad for our Anniversary and the kids had free kid meal certificates from the Summer Reading program. We ended up paying $5 for our family of 5.
-Stopped at Smiths on the way home and let the kids pick a treat. Ice cream sandwiches was their choice

Thursday:
-Summer camp
-Errands
-Cleaning
-Garen potty trained, not potty trained, potty trained, not potty trained! We're still working on it. Sometimes it works and he is very happy about it. Other times he refuses and everything is a fight. It probably doesn't help that we go a million places everyday!

-On the subject of Garen-He went from saying a prayer like this, "Phineas and Pherb, laugh laugh laugh, whisper words we can't hear, spitting noises, more laughing" to saying, "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, thanks you for dad, mom, Garen, sister, and Sophie, thank you we played, help us sleep, thank you for books and toys, love thee, name of Jesus Christ Amen." I'd say we've made some progress.

-Another Garen story: On our way home he started freaking out and yelling at me to get the bee out of his ear. I was worried at first, but quickly realized their were no bees. I think his ear was ringing and he didn't know what to think about that. All I could do was laugh as we drove home while he carried on about getting that bee out of his ear.
-Playgroup at the park again, so very hot and no pool today.
-Cranky teething Sophie
-Riding Cole's horse. My friend Robin is moving back to Logan this weekend and she was nice enough to invite us over to ride their pony. Maddie went to Kindergarten with her son Cole. Robin taught Maddie how to balance and trot on the horse and Maddie loved every minute of it! She wanted to ride him all night. She has no fear of these animals. We had a great time! Garen choose to stay home with his dad, animals are not really his thing.
Eddie Anderson, Tess Hogland, Hannah McDonald, Landon McDonald, Cole Hogland and Maddie





Friday:
-heading out to Burley for the Young Family Games!

1 comment:

Alisha Wilkins said...

You never cease to amaze me in how busy you are! It's crazy!
Have a safe trip....how long you in town?!?!? Want to meet up? :)