Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pioneer Legacy Play


(Maddie's on the bottom left)
I know for a fact that I would not have survived as a pioneer; I barely survived pioneer play practice! Lets just say 5 hour play practice with one rowdy boy and a very tired baby on top of trying to help with costume changes followed by a short 2 hour break to drive 20 minutes home, eat, do hair and makeup and return for the first performance makes for a long day.

Maddie had 3 performances and in the middle of all this I thought, 'I am never doing this again', but as soon as Maddie got on stage and I saw her sweet little angel dance and then her cute pioneer dance and then her excitement afterward, I decided it was all worth it!

Andy got to watch her first performance, then grandma Jann and grandpa Boyd got to watch the second one, in which my wonderful friend babysat a very grumpy Sophie, and then somehow I got roped into being in the 3rd performance! They were short a school teacher and it wasn't a difficult task, but I wasn't expecting to be in the play! I didn't get a video of the pioneer school girls dance because I had to be in that one.

It was so fun to watch Maddie with her new friends dancing around and complimenting each other on their makeup. And to see her get really nervous right before she went on stage and then be all excited when she came off. All the kids were passing their programs around and having the other kids autograph them-too funny! In between dances the kids got to play games, watch movies and have snacks-Maddie loved every minute of it (except getting her hair curled 3 different times).
What a good experience for Maddie and I'm glad we took this opportunity and I'm glad it's now over.

Maddie and Ellie-

Maddie was very happy to have her dad watch as well as grandma and grandpa (my camera battery was dead while G&G were there)

Little angel and her pioneer mom-



3 comments:

Johnsons said...

Very cute. I think she's a natural.

Alisha Wilkins said...

She is growing up WAY too fast!

suz young said...

That must have been a heart wrenching performance acting out in dance and song the pioneer experience. What a beautiful angel Maddie makes on stage. And one of the happiest and peppiest!