Sunday, July 12, 2009

One Sick Little Boy


Poor Garen has been sick since Tuesday. He woke up with an awful cough and a fever of 103.8! By Thursday is temperature was still high and was miserable, so I got him into the doctor. They concluded there was no infections, no swine flu, and his lungs were clear. So pretty much a nasty virus that has to take it's coarse.
Luckily he has been sleeping a ton, 13 hours a night, and 3 or 4 hours during the day. His little ribs are sticking out because he won't eat hardly anything. He is so sweet with his tired eyes and his raspy voice when he says, "I love you mom", or "I'm sick."
I was putting more Vick's rub on him and he said, "maybe this will make me smile and be happy again."
I've spend the last 5 days and nights changing is sweat filled clothes, getting him ice chips or Popsicles, taking his temperature, refilling the humidifier, alternating Motrin and Tylenol, wiping his nose and just holding him, as well as trying to do my best to keep Sophie happy and Maddie occupied.
We had plans to go to Bear Lake for the weekend, but stayed home so we wouldn't pass this nasty bug to someone else.
Today, Sunday, he's still laying on the couch all stuffed up, coughing and a light fever. Andy and I took turns going to church while the other stayed with Garen.
I miss my wild, happy boy; I sure hope he gets better soon. It's so sad to watch him suffer.

3 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

Poor Garen!! I hope he gets better soon!!

Johnsons said...

That's awful. Poor little guy. I can't imagine him not running around. I was sad that we didn't get to see you, but I hope staying home will help Garen get better. Good luck.

suz young said...

We were praying for Garen and wished we didn't live so far away. You young mothers sure get extra 'pioneer' strength to help take care of your families.