Saturday, October 9, 2010

Humane Society

I took the Girl Scouts to the Humane Society this week. Sophie came with cuz she loves dogs and cats, Garen went to a friends house because he's never willingly touched a dog or cat in his life. Maddie's been wanting to do this for awhile, so this was all for her because if it was my choice I would have avoided the place all together. It smelled awful and my allergy to cats started up right after walking in the door.
It's a great thing they do there and I have nothing against animals, but I guess I take after my dad and am just not a pet lover. Walking through the rows of kennels and stepping in dog pee was not really my cup of tea. The girls loved playing with the cats in the cat room and kept asking me to come in. Since I could see the cat hair flying through the air, I kept my distance from that room. The people there were very passionate about what they do and went on to tell these cute little 7 and 8 year olds that if these animals go to animal control they kill them there within 3 days and that we are not good people because we don't take care of the animals on the street. I think the girls left a little bit scared from that info.





Sophie loved this cat, it kept purring and playing with her-

No comments: