Friday, April 22, 2011

Some Favorite Moments Today

Garen sat on the counter this afternoon helping me make a cabbage, tomato soup. He helped measure everything and dump it all in. We laughed about silly things and talked about the Resurrection and Easter. When the food was all made he randomly came up to me and gave me a big old hug!

Garen's new favorite thing to do is get two totally different books and intertwine the pages then have me read it making a very silly mixed up story. I read him one today and neither of us could stop laughing. I love Garen's uncontrollable happy laugh!

At bedtime Sophie was in her crib and asked for a hug and a kiss, I gave her one then she said with a shy little smile "one more", I gave her one more and then she continued over and over again, "one more." Soon Maddie and Garen joined in on giving her hug after hug. I stepped back for a minute and took in the sweet mental picture of Maddie standing on the edge of the crib leaning over squeezing her little sister and Sophie softly patting Maddie on the back.

Today was a good day!