Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Funeral...a weekend of family and memories

The wreath from the great grand children-









Sunday evening was my grandpa's viewing then Monday was the funeral. I was really touched to hear my dad's memories of my grandpa. I can only hope one day that my children will be able to say such kind things about me! Like at my grandma's funeral we filled the chapel with his posterity; almost all of the 25 grand-kids and spouses, and the 95 great grand-kids, and 2 great great-grand-kids and more on the way. It feels so strange to have my grandparents gone.

I probably saw them at least 4 times a week the whole time I was growing up. And ever since I've left home, they have always been there to visit everytime I came back. It will be sad the next time we visit Burley and we don't get to stop in at grandma's house. But how glad I am for my knowledge that they are together in heaven doing amazing things and that I will see them again!









No comments: