Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Other Happenings in Burley








We stayed in the hotel Saturday-Tuesday. The morning continental breakfast was packed full of the Young family. It was so fun to see all my cousins wandering the halls, in the pool and at breakfast. Maddie and Garen enjoyed swimming two different times. Maddie flipped off the side over and over again just inches from hitting her head while Garen spent his entire time on the top step of the hot tub.
Sophie didn't get to swim because sadly she was sick the whole time with a fever and cough. Monday, the day of the funereal, was also my mom's 65th birthday. Besides a quick birthday song we didn't really get to celebrate my amazing mom so I look forward to our girls weekend in a couple days to celebrate more fully. Monday night Andy and I got to go see the movie Hunger Games with my brothers and nieces and nephews. We made it back to our hotel about 10:30 Monday night and Andy's lungs had been causing him pain all day and it was getting worse. So he took himself to the ER to get checked. Something was wrong with the pleura in his lungs causing the pain. He was given antibiotics and some pain pills.
Since Andy was on pain pills-which he's never taken before, I got to drive home Tuesday. We made it home for Maddie and Garen to make it to gymnastics and for Maddie's ice show practice.
Needless to say when we had to get up wed. morning for Maddie to make it to choir at 8 and to drive Garen's carpool at 8:15 and Sophie up with another high fever, I was wishing for Spring Break!

No comments: