Tuesday, July 10, 2012

recent happenings: good and bad

Last week I was finally feeling like a somewhat normal person again (after a horrible pregnancy and then a new baby).  I made it back to the gym Thursday, Friday and Saturday and it felt great!  I was ready to get into a regular routine again and start some of my Summer projects.
Well Sunday I got mastitis.  Besides the pain, I felt like I had the flu with a fever and chills and achy body.  Monday I got an antibiotic and Andy stayed home from work to help me out since I barely felt like I could take care of myself let alone a newborn and 3 other kids.
Tuesday morning Maddie, Garen, and Sophie brought a bowl of cereal into my room in the morning and said we made you breakfast in bed.  Then they all sat on the bed and watched me eat it.  It was so sweet and they were so excited about it.  
Later that day after taking Maddie to swimming lessons and letting Garen and Sophie play in the playplace, we went to the splash park for Maddie's activity days.  At that park sophie fell and hurt her arm about the same time a wet Maddie slipped off the top of the playground (you know the part that isn't actually part of the playground but the top bars that hold the playground together; that is where you will find Maddie everytime on every playground) and she hit her head on a medal stool.  She stood right back up with no tears or anything
I was watching from the van where I was sitting with the baby.  I headed over there and then saw Maddie knock Sophie off the stool with her body and lay on the ground.  My first thought as I'm almost over there is why did Maddie do that?  At that moment I realize Maddie is laying on the ground slightly convulsing.   She had passed out!  She woke after just a few more seconds and actually attempted to start climbing the playground bar again right away.  Of course I made her sit down while calming a crying Sophie down too.  They are both fine, not sure if it was the smack on the head that caused Maddie to pass out or something else.
Luckily that night I got to take a short timeout from the kid chaos and go get frozen yogurt with my friends for Cammie's birthday.

I'm hoping someday soon I get back into a normal routine and feel like myself again.

pictures taken before the mishaps- 




No comments: