Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Day of Rest

So this morning I woke up feeling a little sick and not well rested. But I dragged myself out of bed to get Garen. Then my wonderful husband informs me he will be taking both kids to Bear Lake to visit their great grandparents while I stay home and rest. YES! That is just what I needed. I layed back down for a bit, and took a bath (which I never have time to do). The washing machine repair man came and fixed the washer so I got to get the piles of laundry clean. It was so relaxing to have peace and quiet, and to turn the TV on and not have to watch cartoons, and to eat my lunch without sharing it, and to be able to fold and put away the laundry before the piles were thrown all over the room. What a great husband I have-he knew just what I needed.
The kids had a great time in Bear Lake. They went out for lunch, played games, played in the leaves, and just enjoyed their quality time with Grandma Janene and Grandpa Roger. I think it is so cool that my kids get to have such a close relationship with so many great grandparents (4 sets) and a great great grandma. When they got home I felt refreshed and ready for their big hugs and cute smiles!
Here are some pictures Andy took:
Maddie and grandma playing Chutes and Ladders-


Grandma and Maddie playing in the leaves-

Garen loved the organ-

Garen taking over Grandpa Roger's large laz-e-boy-

Thank you for the new outfits Grandma Jann and Grandpa Boyd!



7 comments:

Alisha Wilkins said...

How sweet of Andy! If I were you I would need more than just one day of relaxation to keep up! You have such eventful days!
I love that Andy thinks to take pics! Too funny!
How fun that the kids have great grandparents close by and that are 'young' enough to play games and in the leaves with them!

Ben and Sara said...

I'm so glad you got a day to relax after such a busy week! It looks like the kids had a good time. I love the picture of Andy's grandma and Maddie in the leaves.

suz young said...

Good job Andy! A few hours alone is the same as a vacation for a mother. Boy, did you ever describe what mothers do each day for the kids, giving up your choices of tv, food and how hard it is to get simple tasks done without interruption. But babies are what we want and we'll do anything for them. It looks like Janene loved the time together as much as the kids. What great memories.

megan said...

awww soo jealous!! I'm so glad you were able to have some much needed time for yourself!! Isn't it funny that the simplest things are what we enjoy about being alone the most? Like the eating without sharing (or interuptions), putting laundry away w/out having to refold it...totally agree with ya on those things!

The Shaffer's said...

MMMM...Doesn't that sound nice. It's a funny thing, how much just a few hours even to yourself makes a mom so excited to see her kids. Good for you! Sounds like you do have a great husband. Your kids are beautiful too! What cute costumes for haloween. They look great!

Robnz Fam said...

I love the story my Grandma tells about my cousin and aunt. She said that my cousin called up my aunt and begged her to come take the kids so she could have a break. So, my aunt thinking about it finally said, ok, I guess I could take them for the weekend. My cousin then said, "Oh no, not the weekend, I just need an hour." I love that! It really only takes minutes sometimes, or sometimes a whole day :0), and then we are ready for our babies back!!!

Robnz Fam said...

I love the story my Grandma tells about my cousin and aunt. She said that my cousin called up my aunt and begged her to come take the kids so she could have a break. So, my aunt thinking about it finally said, ok, I guess I could take them for the weekend. My cousin then said, "Oh no, not the weekend, I just need an hour." I love that! It really only takes minutes sometimes, or sometimes a whole day :0), and then we are ready for our babies back!!!